Thread: trailmanor load
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2017, 01:56 PM   #20
HoMiPa
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magpie View Post
I am reading all the posts on weight. I am concerned. I just purchased a 2003 3023. Says its about 2900lbs. I have 2016 Wrangler with tow package. Says can tow 3500lbs. Dealer said I can pull it. But posts don't sound like it. Oh no.
Debbie
Is there a way you can do a few test tows? I ask because I used to tow my 3023 with a '98 Chrysler Town & Country, with factory tow package. This was way before I any hint of book smarts about towing, but had plenty of practical exercise in towing. I just recently (as in a few days ago), looked up the tow rating of my T&C, only to find out that it was rated for 3500 max. It actually did a beautiful job towing my 3023, which included plenty of trips across the Blue Ridge, and trips to/through the mountains of VT & NH. That being said, I think the low profile, and low center of gravity, of a TM helps a great deal.

Anyway, if you can do some test tows, without dropping a lot of money (breaking system on TV, WDH) on things you may end up not needing, I would do that before making any decision to buy a new TV, or return the TM. See how comfortable you feel towing it.