View Single Post
Old 07-18-2010, 06:51 AM   #20
brulaz

You're a lucky man, John.

Actually, I'm not sure whether this new caulk separation would lead to much leakage or not. If the water doesn't puddle and rise over the separated seam there may not be much of a problem. But if you do get leakage, and you're not there to wipe it up immediately, the damage can be very high.

My trailer has a build date of December 2009. Maybe the caulk was applied when it was too cold? Or maybe they forgot to clean the plastic strips on mine? Who knows.

I've resolved all other major problems to our satisfaction; this is the only ongoing nuisance. A few minor things have broken, and I'm firing off a letter to the factory tomorrow asking for replacements. So far they've been good at sending me parts.

Mentor RV is in Ohio I believe. Probably 600km away. Too far for stuff I can do myself.

Not sure if we've done 5250 miles yet, but we're getting there. Texas to Ontario, Ontario to Cape Breton, Nova Scotia and return. A couple of shorter trips. We'll be leaving for British Columbia in mid-August.

Despite our problems, we still have no regrets about the purchase. As I've said before, we love the interior layout, low weight construction and easy towing with little sway (for a full-height trailer as the axle is far back on the frame). And then there's this forum which is a great help.