View Single Post
Old 04-04-2017, 06:47 PM   #4
kempert
Site Sponsor

Bill - Great question! I tell the young people with whom I work that the only "dumb" question is the question that is not asked.

I had a different and interesting situation with my title. After buying the TM back from the insurance company, I drove to a salvage yard in Brighton, CO to pick it up. The place had security in place that would match that of a penitentiary. While waiting for someone to help me, I noticed a guy looking at different damaged vehicles on a computer. As he scrolled thru the photos, I saw my trailer. I asked about it and he told me it was for sale. I told him not to buy it as the title to it was in my safe deposit bank in Virginia. (It's still there today.) I owned it outright so no bank was involved. The insurance company never asked about the title. They sent me a check for several thousand dollars minus the buy back price $500).

Long story short (if not too late), the tow company told the people in the lot that the insurance company said to sell it. When we got my insurance guy on the phone, he told them to give me my trailer and that they would pay all fees due. End of subject.

2008 2720SL - 7 cross-country trips so far + ventures into western Canada
2002 2720SL - 70,000+ miles before being retired to the farm
2015 Ford F150

"A good life is when you assume nothing, do more, need less, smile often, dream big, laugh a lot and realize how blessed you are for what you have." -- Author Unknown
kempert is offline   Reply With Quote