View Single Post
Old 08-01-2017, 06:43 PM   #16
HoMiPa
TrailManor Master

Padgett - I don't agree with you in the increased floor space with TMs. Yes, there is a small increase if you have a slide, but overall, the only floor space increase is the amount the slide pulls out times the width of the trailer. The beds don't count as "floor space" area, in my opinion. So, for my 3023, there is absolutely zero increase in floor space when I open her up. Yes, it has more floor space than a TT with the same tow footprint, but it's floor space doesn't increase.

I think the TM TC would appeal to a significant amount of people. TCs are very popular overall, and there are significant number of TM owners that already want to, or do go to, places you can't go with a regular TT. Imagine the boondocking capabilities with a TC that only adds a small amount of height to your off-road pickup! That demographic is pretty large actually - just think of the hunting crowd, and up here, the snowmobiling crowd - a TC allows them to still tow their sled trailer.

As Cindy already said as well, the lifting of the two shells on a traditional TM sort of ensures they loose a demographic - one they could get back with the Rise. I myself was seriously considering a Lance last year, simply because I know I won't be able to deal with the set up on TM forever. I looked at the Alto because I knew it would at least be easier to tow than the Lance, and the thought of hydraulic lifts is way more appealing than the manual lifting of the TM's shells. If the Rise had been out, in production, I wouldn't have even looked at a different brand, I would have moved right to the Rise.

In the end, I know I'll only have the TM a few more years. Camping should be fun and relaxing, and I'm at the stage in my life where I no longer want to worry about straining my back, slipping a disk, making my shoulder worse than it is, trying to get to that fun and relaxing part of camping. TM is missing two large demographic by sticking with just the traditional TMs - but I do think that's where they need to be right now, focused on getting back on track with them. I am however, hopeful that they continue playing around with the Rise and the TCs - because I think they will be a hit, with two entirely different groups of people, and it would be two different groups than what they attract with the traditional TMs.