View Single Post
Old 01-03-2011, 08:09 PM   #7
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Boy View Post
I googled Vilano Beach. Looks like a great location. Where did you stay?
That is just down the road from where we live. Vilano Beach is lovely. My brother in law and his family live in Vilano Beach. There is only one campground there. It is located across the street (Highway A1A) from the ocean. It is a short walk and I think there is an overhead cross over fairly close to the campground. The campgound that is there is North Beach Campground. I have never camped there as it is too close to home...and I can go to the beach any day and every day if I wish to. It is less then 4 miles to the ocean for me. I have heard that it is hard to get a spot at that campground because reservations are made years in advance...I have never confirmed that though because I have no need to.

The other side/backside of the campground I believe is on the Intercoastal waterway aka ICW. Their website states that it is on the river front and that they have have river front sites.

Here is a link for the campground: http://northbeachcamp.com/index.html

When we owned our Outback 30 RLS and I was a member of the site Outbackers.com I read that some people camped right on the beach. Driving was permitted on the beach in St. Augustine at that time but I don't know if it still is.

There are several great seafood restraunts in the area.

We replaced the tires on the TM July 2017 I will update when I have time to get the specs

What's new...we went to all LED lighting and love them.

New 3/25/16 two new horizontal propane tanks.