View Single Post
Old 02-27-2006, 09:59 PM   #1
angler_2

Default Should I buy?? Body repair?

After many months of researching trailers and finally settling upon a trailmanor, I have been reading this forum with great interest as a guest for quite some time now. Now I think I need some advice from experienced owners who might have had body repair work on theirs before.

After many weeks of trying to find a used one for sale in the immediate areas (500 miles) I have found one that I ahve received pictures and info on.

It has one problem that I wondering how concerned to be with it and can it be fixed as good as new? The rear passenger side corner is damaged. It has been backed into a tree or something and the entire corner had been dented in slightly. As a result. the aluminum cover weas crinkled. Previous owner has repaired it by riveting one a strip of aluminum over the top along the whole corner. Can still see that it was damged as the skin is no longer smooth and looks crinkled. It's not too bad an eye sore that I wouldn't mind buying it for the right price. Looks to be purely superficial. Rest of camper in and out looks to be in great shape for a 98.

I have two questions:
1) When I go look at it, what should I look for and be concerned with this type of damage.
2) Anyone every had "body work" repair done on their's. If I bought it and it was just the surface aluminum damage, could a reputable dealer repair it so you would not be able to ever notice that it had been dented? If so for about how much (need so I dicker on the price).

Any other words of wisdom?