View Single Post
Old 04-03-2003, 11:37 AM   #2
Denny_A
Former TM Owner

Default Re: Private Campgrounds

HT,

I posted the following awhile back when the subject came up. You can find it by searching on "RPI". To wit:

>I bought a membership at a Texas homesite, through RPI, as soon as I bought my trailer. The membership was discounted to $450 (fire sale?). Having been there, I would have to say yes! <

>Considering that I tow (and will tow) 12-18,000 mi/yr, I schedule my travel route to take overnites at RPI Campgrounds (whenever possible). At $5 a pop, each day saves $15-25. As Sen. Everett Dirksen once opined, a Billion here and a Billion there, and before long your talkin' real money. Ditto on a personal level. <

>There are three VERY nice RPI campgronds near my home, each allowing a total of 14 days per year. Works for me, since Wisconsin only has a 7 month camping window (unless yer the rugged type).<

Here's the site I went to to purchase my membership:

http://www.campresorts.com/

Annul dues - $99. You can also sell your membership at any time if you have a buyer. There are 4 RPI campgrounds in VA, @ Front Royal, Greenville, Gasburg and Quinby! Additionally there are 5 in NC; 3 in the western portion and 2 in the south central.

HTH

Denny_A
Denny_A is offline   Reply With Quote