View Single Post
Old 11-28-2010, 07:48 AM   #2
gerrym51

Quote:
Originally Posted by hjbourge View Post
Hi Shandysplace,

I noticed in your early post that you had a 3326 TM and now a Elkmont 26 TM. We have a 2720 TM 2010 for the past two camping seasons and have been thinking of upgrading to the Elkmont. We thought of the 26 footer but last week we were at the dealer and saw a 24 that had a soffa bed instead of the permanent bed, which give you a lot more walking room in the trailer. But my main question is how do you like the Elkmont and is it really worth upgrading to. We pull our TM with a 2008 Honda Ridgeline and have had no wind problems or sway, but we are both in our late 60's and putting up and taking down of the TM is getting tougher. We had taken a crosscountry trip last year with the TM and made 29 campgrounds some for only one night, by the end of the trip we were getting better at the set up and take down, but still it took a toll. Do you get any sway when towing and is set up quicker?
may i offer an opinion. the uniqueness of the trailmanor is the folding low profile and no sway. its still a pop up but a unique one.

the elkmonts although they are a quality trailer are still uprights.

mileage will be terrible beacause of wind friction on more exposed area not weight.(and sway greatly increased)

your ridgeline will go from 17 to 8 miles a gallon(guess based on experience).
owned a travel trailer and now own soft sided pop up.( am going to buy trailmanor)

I have also learned not to force using pop up.

if your traveling cross country-use motels for one night stands. don't feel you ha
ve to use your trailer saves a lot of grief.

example. if have 1000 miles to cover use motels first 2 days. drive longer(easier with pop up) then set up for several days stop

gerry