View Single Post
Old 05-07-2010, 07:56 AM   #2
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Well, let's start with one thing. Trailmanor does give "real weight" of the trailer. It is called dry weight, and it is the real weight of the TM before the owner adds stuff, including factory options. At the Trailmanor.com website, click "Showroom", then "Specifications" - the dry weight is listed for every model of folding trailer.

Trailmanor does not list the weight of factory options, but you can look them up. Without looking them up, I would guess that the air conditioner weighs 60 pounds, the awning weighs 30 pounds, a battery weighs 25 pounds, and propane weighs 25 pounds (5 pounds per gallon or so). Total about 150 pounds.

What TrailManor can't list, and can't control, is the stuff that the owner adds. The TM web site suggests that you should add 500 to 1000 pounds to the dry weight to obtain a ready-to-camp weight, and as you can see, the factory options are a relatively small part of this. You can figure that the tongue weight is 13-14% of the total towed weight.

I hope this helps. I'm not entirely sure what you expect TM to publish as a "real weight". Your concern with weight is commendable, but most of the gap between dry weight and towed weight is under your control, not TM's.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote