Thread: New to me 3124
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2018, 11:41 AM   #2
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

I'm not sure I'm following your first paragraph, but you will not be able to lock up the brakes. Nobody can, and that is just as well, since locked brakes can cause the trailer to jackknife on you. However, when you come to a stop, the braking should not feel too different from braking in your Colorado alone. The Prodigy will indicate any of several possible fault conditions, such as Shorted Brakes (an electrical short in the wires) or No Connection. Does the Prodigy give you any message, such a Connected? If the Prodigy doesn't indicate a problem, then you will need to be sure that the braking voltage actually shows up at the 7-pin Bargman connector on the Colorado. And if everything else is good, you will probably have adjust or replace the brakes - neither is a very hard thing to do.

The entry door should be easy to set up - are you sure that the two pins on the top of the lower door are snapping into the spring clips at the sides? Sometimes they miss the clips, and that will make the door hard to set up.

The step have to be lifted a bit before they will slide out.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote