View Single Post
Old 05-02-2005, 11:44 PM   #2
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

We stayed at Naciamento many years ago, sort of remember the pool, the kids swam and enjoyed that. Don't remember it as being a "swimmer's lake", but mostly a "watercraft" lake. Being as we don't have a boat (except for a blow-up 2 person sort of getup) we weren't able to partake of the water activities much.

There are some interesting places nearby to visit. We've taken the kids to the Mission San Antonio de Padua, near Jolon, and have stayed a couple of times at the county campground in King City. http://www.missiontour.org/sanantonio/index.htm Boy, that wind does blow through there in the afternoon. Before we had a camper, we borrowed someone's dome tent and one of the flexible poles snapped in the wind.

We used to camp many times a year at Arroyo Seco, inland from Big Sur. Got turned off by rowdy campers and biting flies many years ago, but the hikes there are awesome, and so is the Arroyo Seco River. It's pretty rugged hiking as is the rock hopping along the river. It was much easier when I was in my 20's! You used to be able to drive from there all the way to the coast just south of Big Sur, but they've closed down the Arroyo Seco Road because of numerous slides from past storms and arguments about how to clear the debris. My favorite hikes were always in the spring when the wildflowers were in bloom and it wasn't too hot. Pinnacles is also a nice hiking area in the spring.

There are a lot of great places to visit in this general area.