View Single Post
Old 05-05-2017, 10:34 PM   #18
BrucePerens
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbmiller3 View Post
Our 2619 (no slide out) is not very bug tight. If we are camping in a very buggy area, they can definitely find their way in.
The 'fridge vents are probably the main culprits. It might help to install some no-see-um netting on them. There is a BIG opening under the fridge that anything can come through if it gets through those vents. It's really like leaving an unscreened window open at least half an inch. Leaks heat or AC from the inside too.

When I installed a compressor fridge, I put insulating foam under it (cutting holes for the feet) and glued foam to both sides of the cabinet. I then used silicone from the front to seal the remaining openings, and glued molding over the edges. So, the back of the fridge is getting outdoor air only. The ducting behind the propane 'fridge was removed (it won't fit with the compressor 'fridge in there), and the fan is sitting in one of the bottom openings.

You also need metal screening on the 'fridge vents to keep rodents out. I don't know why the vents don't come with this but we had a rodent gnaw the plastic to make it wider. It took a while with a tin snips, heavy hardware screening, and a glue gun to make them rodent-proof. The screen is sealed to the plastic with hot-melt glue on all edges.