View Single Post
Old 12-29-2002, 02:44 AM   #5
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine
Default Re: Cold weather camping in the TM

Quote:
How many days were you on the road enroute to your destination? How many days did you spend at your destination, and how many days on the road during the return trip back home? How many were on the trip with you? Adults and children? *And how did the electric recirculating toilet work? Did you empty it daily? weekly?
T.C.
My wife and I are retired, and for us, this is an annual pilgrimage. We go from Maine to AZ in November or December, and return to Maine in May or June. There are just the two of us, plus a small dog and large cat. This year we took 8 days to make the trip west, including two days in a campground in Lancaster County PA (Amish country), plus a third day when we got snowed into that same campground. Our miles-per-day depends on where we are. If there is stuff to see, we loiter and maybe spend a couple days. If the area is boring, we zip on through, and like you, we occasionaly do 600 miles a day.

As for the toilet, it works great, since all of its working parts are in the warm part of the TM. When we are driving, I dump it when it gets half full, which is about every two days - but this is a weight issue and nothing else. A full toilet has 50 pounds or more of liquid in it. In a campground it normally lasts us at least three days.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote