View Single Post
Old 06-27-2003, 01:36 AM   #3
efelker

Default Re: Trailmanor suited for long-term use?

All the same questions I asked before making up my mind too.  My choice was a Sunline or TM.  All said & done, TM won out because I didn't want to buy a larger tow vehicle and pay for the lousy gas mileage as well.  Parking the TM in a garage was also a big factor.  We'll worry about that potty business when the business comes up, but we figured we'd live with it.  You'll find lots of comments in this forum about the toilet, and if families of 4 or more manage for days on end boondocking, my wife & I can manage in a park with full hookup too.

We are retiring next year, and although we don't plan to "full-time", I think we will be near full timing.  Plan to do things similar to you, a week here, a week there, lots of travel -- maybe home 5 to 10 days a month.  Plan to spend most of the winter in the south, so like you we'll be using the TM pretty heavily.

Price was a biggy too, but again you'll find lots of comments in this forum that TMs are more costly to build and are well-engineered.  Going back to the Sunline we were considering -- probably the finest TT I've seen (with the exception of Airstream).  We even visited the factory and this was an outstandingly crafted TT.  Cabinets that wood look great in any kitchen, and not a piece of flake board or veneer anywhere in the TT -- and the price would have been around $16K for the model we wanted.  The TM (3023) we are going to buy will be somewhere between $24 & $28K, but the ease of towing, no new tow vehicle, and garage storage won the day for the TM.

Check through this forum, and you'll find lots of information that will help your decision making -- it did mine.