View Single Post
Old 01-22-2011, 10:50 AM   #4
knuckledragon

Default probably not your typical TM owner...

you and I are quite different Virginia Deacon...
I bought my TM w/ the intention of using it as a winter snowboarding hut...
using it mainly on weekends in the heart of the Rocky Mountains...
This is our 3rd winter renting a spot at Tiger Run Resort just outside Breckenridge...
I'm a walking winter commercial for TM...
we bought our 2007 TM new in September '06...
and have over 200 nights in it since then in the coolest places in Colorado and beyond...

so it’s been UP for the last 3 Summit County Colorado winters…
I've had a couple of feet of snow on top of it many times in the past few winters...
this week has been particularly heavy w/ well over 4 feet falling...
it helps when I spend time there so the heat from the inside melts the snow along w/ the strong sunshine but in between visits is what I'm worried about...
we know from past experience that the ice pulls the paint off, but that is not really a big deal to us (just spray paint it back)...
we have a couple of electric space heaters and they keep our rig more than toasty even in below zero temps, although a very good sleeping bag is also a key component…
I’m surprised at how well the TM holds heat…
we don't hook up the water b/c we are 100 steps away from the clubhouse where there are showers as well as an indoor pool and hot tubs and most anything you’d need...
winter camping @ Tiger Run isn’t as crazy as you might think, we’ve got cable TV, wireless internet, a million dollar view, and are about 4 miles from Breckenridge…
for those of us that prefer snow to humidity and bugs anyway…

maybe after this winter TM can send somebody to Colorado and do an inspection on my rig and write up a report from some true world winter experience…