Thread: A Dream I Had
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2019, 04:09 PM   #3
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Larry -

I think you are dreaming in re-runs. Many years ago, someone on the forum saw a story of a TM mounted on the back of a BIG military flatbed transport vehicle. There was a long and detailed feature story about it - which I cannot find now. Best I can do on a short Google search is shown on the first two attached snippets from Pinterest.

As I recall, the TM's front A-frame was cut off, the axle was removed, and the frame of the TM fastened down onto the flatbed. The TM was painted olive drab to match the truck. A lot of back country stuff was added to the rig, of course - a big generator, huge air conditioner, big propane tanks, big water tanks, a drop-leaf walkway just outside the door, ladders to go directly from the ground into the TM door, maybe a howitzer or two ...

Do any of you old-timers (there are so few of us left!) remember this discussion? I can't find it at the moment on the forum. There were a lot of really nice photos in the original presentation, which I can't find either, but the first two snips show it clearly.

The third snip is something I ran across during the search. Looks like a TM Mini, on a smaller truck. Not nearly as exciting or brutish.

Bill
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TM on truck.JPG
Views:	167
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	18080   Click image for larger version

Name:	TM on truck 3.JPG
Views:	182
Size:	25.3 KB
ID:	18081   Click image for larger version

Name:	TM on truck 2.JPG