View Single Post
Old 09-19-2016, 08:22 AM   #6
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Follow-up note. It has been a dozen years since I worked on the rollers and stop blocks, so my memory is hazy. In my post above, I suggested that in order to get access to the stop blocks, you should pull the slide out all the way, then lift the front edge. It is quite possible that a better procedure is to push the slide all the way in, then lift its front edge. Either way, the idea is to get the slide itself lifted up off the floor and tracks, exposing the stop blocks so you can work on them.

Beyond that, I think Denny_A, one of our original mechanical experts, suggested that when you pull out the slide, you can intentionally pull it crooked for the last few inches. At the end of its travel, one side of the slide will remain on the track, while the other end goes beyond the end of the track (have some support in place!). The result is that the stop block becomes visible from inside the trailer. Much easier to work on.

Sorry I cannot be more precise, but I don't think it will be difficult for you to try out all three methods and see which works best.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote