View Single Post
Old 05-12-2017, 08:01 AM   #9
rvcycleguy
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDWEltoro View Post
I had thought of some of the same factors Bill. If I were going to pull a 25' or 27' series TM with the Escape I would not take the bike; perhaps I would if I have a small toy hauler. If with the Pickup (F-150 4X4)(with bike on the front drawbar), I would modify the rear suspension of the truck; install heavy duty air shocks, or something similar. Still not the most ideal as I would prefer the extra weight of the bike be over the axle(s) of the camper. I like the TMs towing characteristics (low) and camping living space capacity much better than toy haulers...., but..., wanting to carry the bike, or future UTV, will be a factor. Mounting on front might not work.

I have a ramp and portable bike front wheel chock. My pickup has a 6.5' bed, and I would have to leave the tailgate down, which is not ideal and might create a clearance problem with tongue apparatus, the jack. I could change to a swivel jack. I could probably put the bike in the pickup caddy-corner..., more challenge strapping the bike down. With the tailgate up it might be the solution. Think I will load it in the pickup that way this weekend; see how it fits, if it might work. If acceptable...that would solve one issue.

I will figure it out; may have to make some hard choices. I am not going to change my tow vehicles; will have to decide upon the camper.

Thanks for your help; appreciate it.
To the OP. Did you load the bike in the pickup last weekend? I see you talked about a long ramp.

I utilize a set of heavy duty (1000lb) 8ft folding Aluminum ramps. Set of 3 creating a 40in wide ramp system that lock together. Able to ride the big bike up the ramp with room to stop and width enough for standing if necessary. Lots of weight there for the early generation of the Tundra knowing the TM tongue weight as well. Air bags, WDH create a safe set up leveling the Tundra and TM.

TM-2002 3124KB
TV-2003 Toyota Tundra V8 4.7L. Fact. Tow Pkg, air bags
2006 Suzuki Boulevard C50c Motorcycle- crashed- parted out
1956 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Motorcycle-sold
2006 Harley Road King
rvcycleguy is offline   Reply With Quote