View Single Post
Old 03-29-2010, 09:00 AM   #13
Wavery
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenj View Post
Re: roof leaks

From what I've seen of other camper discussions on rv.net, dealing with roof leaks is to some extent just a 'camper thing', unfortunately.
I disagree.......I think that it is a "poor standard of construction in the RV industry" thing.

Our TM 2720 is is 12-years old and has "ZERO" roof leaks. It has been my experience that the "leak problem" tends to occur to original owners and they work through getting them resolved (in most cases).

I have always bought campers that are at least 2-years-old for this very reason. My brother bought a new camper and fought leaks for the 1st year and hasn't had a leak since (6 years). My daughter bought a 3-year-old camper (32') and has had no leaks for the 3 years they've had it.

I feel that TT manufacturers have come to "accept" a certain amount of roof leaks because most owners will fix it themselves rather than hassle taking it back. IMHO..... this is not right but it is what it is and "fighting it" isn't going to give an RV owner a better experience.

If you buy a new RV, you should know how to do as Bruaz has done in order to have a more positive ownership experience IMHO.......is it right...."HELL NO".....do you want to cause yourself a lot of misery by "teaching the manufacturer a lesson"......probably not. It's not going to "Teach" them anything. They already know the score.

If you are incapable of doing your own repairs (as many are) a new camper may not be the best way to go. Logic would tell you the opposite but reality is often somewhat different than logic.