View Single Post
Old 03-29-2010, 08:47 AM   #12
brulaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenj View Post
From what I've seen of other camper discussions on rv.net, dealing with roof leaks is to some extent just a 'camper thing', unfortunately.
This has been my impression too. The main leak we had only started for sure on the third rainy night after >2000km of travel over some pretty rough concrete and freezing weather.

On our initial inspection of the trailer, there was no sign of leakage or water stains, although the roof showed clear signs of rain having puddled and dried up. AFAIK the trailer was sitting outside, exposed to the weather, from Dec 2009 to when we picked it up in Mar 2010.

Nonetheless, there has to be a better way. In addition to re-caulking the roof, I'm looking into the Eternabond products, especially for the sides where the roof meets the walls. As the roof is slightly lifted down the centre line, water runs off until it reaches a slight ridge at the sides. I'm thinking a strip of Eternabond down the length of the trailer on both sides might fix a host of future problems?