Thread: Ransom ware
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2017, 09:48 AM   #19
momto4girls

Well, I have better news today. My husband switched from Avast to Emsisoft. It took a few tries because there are many versions of the globe ransomware. Mine was globe3 as it turns out. So we did find a program that worked. My files are free!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoMiPa View Post
Wow. That's a shame. Even some of my daughter's profs commented on 'her' smart choice of selecting an Alienware for all the various graphics programs she had to use. Specifically, the 3D lighting design program notoriously crashed even the school's desktops - but never her Alienware.

Sorry about your loss of files.
Alienware sounds great! It would be nice if we had a choice, but I'm sure they have their reasons. I'll tell my daughter about the Alienware--she may already know about it--for future reference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgett View Post
Well if it must be an Apple... Years ago illustrators and journalists liked them because they did what was needed without a dash-1 the size of a phone book.

Guess you need it before scholl starts but Apple always has a once-a-year discount around black Friday.

BTW with a docking station it can be used at home or in a dorm room with real keyboard, mouse, and a couple of big monitors. With a setup like that a UPS is also a good idea.
Good to know!