Thread: Roof slope?
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2017, 07:45 PM   #15
br2_wdc

Default Houston, We Have a Problem ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pele2048 View Post
I checked it out shortly after it rained and picked it up IN the rain, which kinda put me at ease because it wasn't actively leaking...

I put a deposit on it after seeing it and went up to pick it up the other day.
It's been pretty nasty here in Washington DC.

There are a few drips in the center channel but that's about it.

I just figured it wasn't that bad and perhaps could be repaired easily.
If you did purchase this unit, you are much braver then me; I spent 2 months going through this site, getting as much information as I could before I even started looking!

I wish I had better news, but from the pictures that is not a trivial issue. It appears that something heavy somehow dropped down on the roof. It looks like there is structural damage to the roof itself, and I am not sure it can be repaired at all, let alone easily. Also, any sort of drips from that center channel is not ideal, but with some patience and hard work they can be fixed; many articles here on the site can walk you through it.

Did you purchase directly from the previous owner or an RV dealer? What did they say about the roof issues? Also, did you go through the pre-purchase checklist available on this site where you check all the major systems: gas furnace, fridge, stove, bathroom, and hot water heater?

One last thing I noticed is you are still a "trial" member, so if the purchase of this TM is a "done deal", then you MUST send $12 to become a full member on this site; you do not have access to everything you need to tackle any of these issues until you become a full member.
br2_wdc is offline   Reply With Quote