View Single Post
Old 09-20-2001, 03:38 PM   #4

Default Re: After Market Tongue Modifications

Hal,

We have a 2720 that was probably modified after yours.  Our is about an 18" cut.  Still, this is enough that we were able to fit the trailer in our garage now.

It seems the modification is very similar to yours in all other respects.

Our spare tire is also moved under the tongue, but the battery and propane tanks sit in front of the tire and there seems to be plenty of room to reach the battery and spare tire.

The propane tanks overhang the removable section of the tongue, so we really only shorten the trailer by about 14 or so inches.  If you post pictures, I will do the same if ours looks different.

The dealer in Arizona (Van's) mentioned somebody from California does this work.  I've also heard this may be available from the factory as well.

One interesting aside.  Load equalizing bars, at least the EAZ-Lift and Reese brands I've used, both have brackets that mount to the trailer.  Our EAZ-Lift brackets mount to the fixed part of the trailer, just behind the chop.  Seems if this isn't measured out properly, the added cross beams may get in the way of these brackets.

Jon