Thread: 2720 vs 3124
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2016, 09:55 AM   #15
Larryjb
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvcycleguy View Post
...What is don't see as part of the discussion is your tow vehicle. There is quite a jump in weight from the 2720 and 3124 and certainly loaded for several days or more of camping. I know my unit is well over 4000 lbs.
RV
I should have mentioned that by now, I guess. I'll be towing with a Chevy Tahoe, so it should be no problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane826 View Post
If you have kids I strongly recommend going with a bed (non-slide) model.

Also from what you're describing I'm not so sure a 3124 is really practical to store on your property. Maybe try and hold out for a 2619? It's only a foot shorter but has the king size bed in the back...
When you say "bed (non-slide)", do you mean the model with the dinette that converts into a bed? This is what I was thinking of

I'm not sure how the 2619 is only a foot shorter than the 3124. Do you mean the 2619 vs the 2720? There's no problem storing a 2720 in my driveway. If it has the folding hitch, it would sit entirely on my property. The 2619 is a no go. It's just too small, and my wife definitely does NOT want the toilet in the bathtub!

In our neighborhood there are several people who store boats or trailers that go up to the city sidewalk. There is far worse parked in front of homes on our street, so it should be okay for me to store a 3124 in my driveway. The closed height is lower than my truck, and our cars park past the city line anyway. Our city is fairly reasonable about things like this. However, I'd have to check with the city to see if they'd make me move it if a neighbor complained.

Larry
Larryjb is offline   Reply With Quote