View Single Post
Old 05-09-2005, 09:57 AM   #1
Timberline

Default Which Honda Generator for Dry Camping?

I live in Colorado and just purchased a new TM 2619. My use will be almost exclusively dry camping in the National Forests high in the mountains or in other remote areas throughout the west – no electrical hookups, no city water, etc. I’ll often stay for a week to ten days. Most of my camping will be in the summer and late into the fall, so at times it may be a bit cold at night. My concern is battery capacity as it relates to electrical power for the lights, furnace fan and other minor onboard eletrical uses (toilet, etc.).

My plan is to purchase a portable Honda generator to augment the twin six-volt batteries that came with my TM. BUT WHICH GENERATOR?

I like the looks of the Honda Super Quiet EU1000i and EU2000i models. The 1000i delivers 1000 watts max. (900 rated). The 2000i delivers 2000 Watts max. (1600 rated). (www.hondapowerequipment.com)

QUESTION #1: Which of those super quiet Honda generators would be best for running the lights, fans and other misc. onboard electrical things (with no additional apppliances plugged in) in my 2619 TM?

QUESTION #2: Which Honda generator would be best if I wanted to add a small portable DVD player to that list?

QUESTION #3: Which Honda Generator would be best if I wanted to add a small microwave to that list?

QUESTION #4: Which Honda generator would be needed (or what sort of power capacity would I need) if I wanted to add my trailer’s air conditioning to that list? I probably won't do that by dry camping, but it would be nice to know what would be needded if a shoreline wasn't available for the A/C.

Thanks for the assistance from a brand new TrailManor owner.