Thread: Ransom ware
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2017, 05:31 AM   #7
HoMiPa
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by momto4girls View Post
I won't be buying myself a new laptop any time soon 'cause one of my kids has to have a 15 inch Macbook Pro for graphic design in college. :/ So I have to find a fix.
Off topic to the ransomware, but does it HAVE to be a Macbook? As in, is that the requirement? I only ask because I got my daughter an Alienware as her high school grad gift, because she was majoring in theatre, specifically set design. The Alienware has amazing graphics capabilities, because it is designed for hardcore gamers. She graduated this past spring, and the Alienware served her very well. Not only is it built like a tank (she's dropped it down entire flights of stairs, while open, and running, with nary a hiccup), but I can't count the number of times she was the ONLY one in some of her classes that could even do the work while in class. Her Alienware would chew right through the graphics programs and spit out her design, while everyone else's computers would be slogging through the work at a snail's pace. There were even times when the school's desktop computers couldn't handle the 3D graphics design work, and students would spend hours just sitting, waiting..... If you can swing an Alienware, there isn't anything that can come close to how well it handles graphics.