View Single Post
Old 03-05-2018, 12:23 PM   #1
joeboh

Default reducing weight - multiple batteries and propane tanks

Hello, I'm a new owner of a used 2006 - TM 2619. The previous owner had two batteries and two propane tanks on the front of the TM. I weighed a full propane tank at about 32lbs and a battery at 45lbs.

For an overnight trip with an electric hookup, will I need more than one battery or propane tank? I'm thinking of leaving the extra tank and battery at home.

I haven't weighed the tongue, but would the reduction of 77lbs of weight from the extra battery and propane tank affect the stability of the trailer? I recall that the tongue weight should be at least 10-15% weight of the trailer. I'd like to check at the scales but wanted some input ahead of that. I seem to recall that any weight behind the rear axle should be added to the tongue weight. My WDH is 70lbs. With the 77lbs of the battery and propane tank, the tongue would need to weight 150lb+ without anything on it. It seems to pass a sniff test for a drive to the scales.

I'll be towing with a 2017 Honda Odyssey. The dry weight including accessories is ~2920-2980lb according to the sticker inside the cabinet. I forget the exact amount and it's at a storage facility at the moment. My receiver is rated for 675lbs
joeboh is offline   Reply With Quote