View Single Post
Old 01-20-2016, 08:11 PM   #15
Bailey'sMom
Site Sponsor

Default Love this thread

Back in 1995 I bought my first pop up...a Coleman Colorado....which was basically a tent on wheels. See pictures. I loved it because I wasn't sleeping on the ground anymore.

Then in 2001 I upgraded to a Rockwood pop up withe a stove and small fridg. Awesome! I think it was in 2002 when I just happened to see a TM that someone in the next campsite had. Saw them put it up, then went over to ask to see it. Thought it was amazing. That was going to be my next camper for sure. Funny thing....never saw another one at this campground until two years ago.

Then in 2003 I visited a dealer a couple hours away on July 4th weekend. At the time I was six weeks into chemo treatments and not as strong as I usually was. I tried opening and closing the TM and was amazed. Again I knew that some day I would own one myself. Didn't know when because they were so darned expensive, and I had a brand new pop up that I liked.

Fast forward ten years, getting older and more out of shape. Tired of cranking up the popup and worse...setting up,the awning which was hard on the shoulders. Suffered thru a couple of really rainy weeks camping and decided to start looking.

Was very hard to find any in Wisconsin unless I wanted brand new which I couldn't afford. Went to a couple of rv shows and spent hours in the TM talking to the rep. Okay....my plan is to start saving and In Three years I am buying new.

Kept scouring Craigslist and end of June I stumbled on the hard to find KD model which is what I wanted. Only problem is it was in Colorado and I am in Wisconsin...oh and I don't trust my minivan to pull it. I can't take time to drive there to get it, what am I going to do?

Luckily I had already joined this fabulous forum and had read someone's post about online bid site for shippers. Got quote for that. Negotiated a great price on the TM, but still have to find a new vehicle. Found my traverse same day. Ended up spending in total for camper and car what I would have just for a new TM.

Got the TM ten days before I was going on two week vacation. Next I had to sell my old popup before I got the TM delivered. Sold it for a song. No time or space to hold out for what it was worth.

Had some typical newbie issues that were mostly my fault but had a great vacation in my new to me TM. That was three summers ago and I still love love love it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	173
Size:	206.4 KB
ID:	12797  

(RIP Bailey - 12/6/2020)
Welcome Sophie DOB 1/5/2021
Mini Goldendoodle (who's not so mini)

New to me 2010. 2720SD TrailManor
New to me 2010 Chevy Traverse

Both purchased July 2013

Factory installed 80W solar panel.

New batteries June 30th 2018.
(SLIGC115 Duracell Ultra 6V Deep Cycle Golf Cart Battery x 2)
New bag seals Sept 2020
Rohent R7 HD 1080P RV Wireless Backup Camera Installed Sept 2020
Bailey'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote