View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013, 09:17 AM   #9
TravlinOn

Default (THH#2): Mods & Stuff I’m glad we did –

On our recent 9-day 1000 mile trip, we had our first chance to try out our mods on a longer (for us) trip to see if they made a meaningful difference in our living on board.

1. First, a solid HoooooRay for the Oxygenics Shower which we have combined with a Brass Flow Control Valve! We had good shower pressure and the valve easily turns the shower water on and almost off when needed. No less appreciated was the DW’s shower curtain mod that put fishing weights on the curtain bottom edge to prevent billowing and a curtain reduction over the tub seat so the seat is available for use.

2. Still in the bathroom, we happily used a goodly amount of Happy Camper treatment. It works well for a couple of days and pretty good for beyond that. We also kept a jar of the Febreeze marbles close by the toilet and gave it an extra shake occasionally. As for the toilet itself, personally I might have been happier digging a hole in the ground.

*** Side grin for fellow TM campers: We stopped for a night at Walkabout RV, I-95exit7. A pleasant manager greeted us and asked what kind of trailer we had. We told him that we have a TrailManor. Oh, he said, then you will want to be close to the public toilets? He went on to say that one of our fellow TM’s had recently stayed there.

3. We had cold nights, in the 40’s, and warm days, in the 70’s. I just set my replacement thermostat at about horizontal and left it there for both the heat strip and the low cool – very comfortable for us.

4. Not long before leaving, I replaced the old radio set with a Kenwood as described by others here. It was a fairly easy task and the sound and sensitivity is much better!

5. The external battery switch did its job. I picked up our TM from storage, opened the bumper, and turned on the battery so the emergency brakes would work, took our trip, returned and turned off the battery to prevent drain.

YET TO DO: Have GOT to add some drawers and cabinet doors!
Now planning our next trip. Retirement life is great!!!!!