View Single Post
Old 06-09-2014, 07:06 AM   #9
rvcycleguy
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgett View Post
Personally think a better investment would be a power actuator for the existing TM line. A hydraulic cylinder that actuates a 90 degree motion is not hard, I designed one for 1200 ton aluminum die casting machines when I worked for GM. Be easied to just use a singe cylinder at each end but need to get the actuator out of the way of the slide in front.

Am getting just a glimmer of a way to do it. Having a single cyl at each end eliminates the synchronization issue and reduces cost.

As usual I just realized that the same linkage could terminate at a lever at the side. Push down (almost anyone can push down) and it opens. Power assist an option, possibly driven by a power drill, how does that sound ? (Years ago I designed a similar rig to disassemble the armature wires in an alternator, was tricky because in a used alternator the wire often spun on the stud which is A Bad. So a "fork" to hold in place.
Too complicated for most RV'ers that are looking for TM options. Adding weight is not the solution and components like hydraulics, power, fork? its not practical and would increase an already expensive camper. IMHO...

rv

TM-2002 3124KB
TV-2003 Toyota Tundra V8 4.7L. Fact. Tow Pkg, air bags
2006 Suzuki Boulevard C50c Motorcycle- crashed- parted out
1956 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Motorcycle-sold
2006 Harley Road King
rvcycleguy is offline   Reply With Quote