View Single Post
Old 11-18-2009, 03:26 PM   #9
PopBeavers

Quote:
Originally Posted by harveyrv View Post
I never tow with water in the camper so I don't know about "Sloshing". All of the CGs that we have been to have water available somewhere in the CG. We just fill up and charge toilet when we arrive if we are dry camping. If the CG doesn't have water anywhere (which I've never encountered), I'd just find a place close by that has water.
I used to think that way, but have been burned twice:

1. a few years ago we camped at Laguna Seca Raceway, in Monterrey, CA to attend a mountain Bike race. Signs posted at the restrooms said to boil the water before using.

2. In the late 1970's, of the many trips we camped at the Forest Service campground at Lake Shasta, (near Antler's) the water pump had failed late Friday, and there would be no one to fix it until Monday.

Lesson: unless you call shortly before you arrive, you will not know if the campground water is actually working and safe. Mostly it is. But when I arrive late on a Friday night after dark I like having my water from home.

This year we went twice to a new campground. We really like it, because we can ride the ATVs and off-road motorcycles from camp to the forest trails. The water source is a pipe at a spring near the campground entrance. I have several 7 gallon water containers that I use to refill, but it sure is easier the first two days to start out with the water from home.