View Single Post
Old 05-18-2017, 01:29 PM   #2
rvcycleguy
TrailManor Master

In my opinion, the retail price point of the TM units is cost prohibitve for the buyers they are marketing to.

We are talking about, at times, in excess of $30,000. For a pop up? Not in my budget. Or I can locate a gently used 5 year old model for maybe, 1/2 that....

And no dealer support. With dealers choosing to market lots of other choices for pop ups to the casual camper with a light weight SUV. Most buyers start with a unit they can camp close to home with, can accommodate their small family and tow with the existing family vehicle. Then move up in class, then again, and so on. Don't stay around long enough with the starter model to warrant new.

I think at peak, the TM factory was pushing out a few hundred a year. I would bet they pushed 1-2 per day for 300 days. Remember, it was a small family run business. Niche market, not for everyone. Too expensive to survive.

The lapse of production, sales, and marketing during transition to the Nebraska family has injured the future. I'd hate to see it die off. I've owned 2 of them over the past 15 years.

TM-2002 3124KB
TV-2003 Toyota Tundra V8 4.7L. Fact. Tow Pkg, air bags
2006 Suzuki Boulevard C50c Motorcycle- crashed- parted out
1956 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Motorcycle-sold
2006 Harley Road King
rvcycleguy is offline   Reply With Quote