View Single Post
Old 04-26-2017, 10:34 PM   #4
momto4girls

just to be clear... that article refers to GVWR not GCWR. I've now read two different sites that say the same thing. From the most recent site:

"A vehicle's GCWR is a specific weight determined by the manufacturer to be the maximum weight of a loaded tow vehicle AND (emphasis mine) its attached loaded trailer. The total weight of the tow vehicle and trailer should never exceed the manufacturer's listed GCWR [source: Ford Motor Company]."

So are they not the same thing? I'm asking because I pulled up the pdf on my Tacoma, and it lists a GCWR specifically--not GVWR.

I promise I'm not trying to be a pain. I just want to make sure I'm safe. All these terms are confusing. I'm doing all this number crunching and trying to estimate all the cargo weight we carry and trying to ultimately figure out if we need a wdh--which is for another thread. (There are already enough threads on that. I've read all the how tos and whys.) I'm just trying to clear up this confusing term and make SURE I understand my TV's limitations.

ETA: I may just call Toyota customer service tomorrow. Maybe their definition is different from what I'm reading.