View Single Post
Old 07-02-2006, 01:20 PM   #2
jellis

Bob,

We had the same models to decide on, for a few different reasons. Probably the only thing I have against TrailManors is that we were never able to see all the models side by side; or anything larger than the 3023, for that matter. Dealers never seemed to have the larger models in stock. That seems to be because the larger ones aren't normally ordered on spec; only on order, at least in our part of the country.

After agonizing for several weeks, we decided on the 3124KB for the following reasons: 1) the second (48 X 78) bed is larger than the sofa (41 X 69) bed. The double bed area is very handy for extra guests, a place to keep baggage, packs, cameras, etc. accessible and a sleeping/resting area for our two dogs. Storage gets to be a large issue for us, plus we still have a third bed in the sofa if needed, though I'd hate to imagine six people in any TM for very long, 2) the eating area seemed to be more amenable to serving four folks at once than the KS. (This was a supposition from brochure photos and dealer comments; may not be accurate, so I would ask the KS owners about this.) and 3) the sliding mechanism adds some weight and necessitates a different LP tank arrangement that seems to be a little less handy for filling, etc. OTOH, the KS has more kitchen counter working space and the "living room" atmosphere must be wonderful. I'm sure KS owners love both of these features.

This all said, we occasionally wish we had gone with the 3326 for the dinette. If they had built one with the extra double bed rather than the sofa/chair, we might have bought it. Two axles might have some advantage also (in case of a flat tire, for instance).

They're all great and I'm sure you'll love whatever you end up with. Just be sure you know what features/compromises fit your particular needs before deciding. This forum addresses just about all I can think of.

Jon and Rita