Thread: HoA Woes
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2017, 10:34 AM   #35
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Gonzo -

Do you know if your community has changed its HOA Management company recently? In the Valley, they have been shuffling a bit in the last couple years. A new management company will tend to be a bit rigid until they figure things out. I know ours just changed, and that happened. I talked to the President of the HOA, who identified the representative from the HOA management company (note that they are not the same). I called her, we chatted a bit, and things loosened up. In other words, the management company may be blindly enforcing each and every rule simply because they don't yet know what else to do, but they have a shiny new contract, so by golly ...

The important thing is that the HOA is a group of your neighbors. They don't want too much rigidity, because it could turn around and bite them in the future. But they probably hired out the management function to a professional management company, and it is this company that sent you the violation notice. Figure out who the players are.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote