View Single Post
Old 06-02-2012, 11:05 PM   #3
Beak12

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
I am planning to knock Mt Rushmore off of my bucket list in about three weeks. I am flying in to Rapid City with my 18 and 8 year old...then hotel staying (not camping).

We plan to see Rushmore, Crazy Horse, Custer State Park, and Devils Tower. I am asking for everyones advice on must see/do things while we are there, as well as fun things to do with the kids.

Any oddities that aren't in the travel brochures are good too.

Thanks
Many years ago we went to the Little Bighorn Battlefied. What a interesting trip. It was in the summr of course. And many of the Rangers are there just for the tourist time. All give talks on different aspects of the Battle. I think the one we like the best was (in real life) a history or Math teacher from TX. We were camping at the KOA and not being much to do at night we went to a play at the local school in Billings. It was titled The Trial of Gen Custor. We thought it was something the local kids were doing. But what a surprize--it was real play with adult actors some were even lawers. In fact the Judge at the trial was a real Judge from TX. If I remember correctly the subject was should Gen Custer be court-martialed for his actions at Little Bighorn. When it was all over we were told we were the jury and had to vote. Had I known that I would have pain closer attention. LOL

http://www.allblackhills.com/getting...attlefield.php