View Single Post
Old 03-27-2017, 11:07 AM   #10
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradS7535 View Post
Looks like they put up he hanging cabinets backward...They should be swapped.
I agree that the cabinets should be swapped. In addition, in picture 14, it looks like they installed the one over the stove upside down! I don't think the handles should be way up near the ceiling.

I may be wrong, but I think that the proper over-the stove cabinet is the narrower one, whose width matches the stove. In addition, it is shorter, to keep the cabinet out of the heat and steam rising from the stove.

The proper over-the-sink cabinet is wider. In fact, in my trailer, at least, it is wide enough that when in place, it overlaps the junction between the front and rear shells. The right hand side of the back of this cabinet has a step-out that reaches back to the front shell wall. Very unusual shape - but it works. However, when the dealer put this cabinet over the stove, the step-out was on the wrong side. It pushed the cabinet out from the wall, so they put it upside down so the step-out is on the left. I readily admit it is possible that TM did away with this step-out, which must have been annoying to fabricate.

I like the new bathroom sink arrangement. The one-piece cabinetry is a big improvement over the old two piece setup, in my opinion.

Yes, photo 18 shows that the wardrobe needs to be shimmed up about half an inch, so it can slide back over the ledge of the lower shell. This is a factory error, but the dealer should have caught and fixed it. The buyer will probably struggle with this forever, not knowing it is wrong.

Minor point - the dealer should have folded the kitchen sink faucet up - it looks dopey with the snout buried down in the sink basin. And they should have lowered and attached the velcro flaps - the thing looks unfinished with them hanging out in the air.

This is the first time I have seen one of the new units up close. There are a number of small changes, most of which I really like. Although I, too, am not fond of all the black, this is a nice-looking unit. But the demo setup doesn't give me much confidence in the dealer.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote