View Single Post
Old 05-02-2009, 04:13 PM   #1
CamperWayne

Default Battery Cut Off Switch

After the first few nights in our new TM2619, I have decided an external house battery cut off switch would be useful. Has anyone installed an easily accessible switch or plug between the battery box in the A-frame rack and the camper body? If so, what type did you install? Where did you locate it?

I don't want to unstrap and open the battery box to access a cut off switch. Perhaps a switch could be mounted just under the front wall of the trailer box. Motorhomes and boats seem to be factory-equipped with cut off switches. I wish TM did the same.

One of the main reasons for a switch is to turn off the refrigerator when travelling in the 12V position with the blower on. We often stop several times per day when touring between campsites. It seems like the refrigerator should stay cold for several hours if it can cool down when driving between stops. A cut off switch would also be useful to avoid draining the battery when the unit is stored.

The switch I had in mind was sold by Camping World (Marinco Master Switch, Item #37821, $70.) Unfortunately, Camping World informs me that this product has been recalled and is not presently available. Any other suggestions?