View Single Post
Old 06-19-2002, 12:20 AM   #3
RickNewcomb
Site Sponsor

Default Re: Ceiling Tracks for Bunk Curtains

I have experienced the broken curtain ceiling track. I just replaced mine. I would agree with Happytrails that replacing it with a metal track or a heavy gauge plastic track would just cause the plastic tabs to rip of the curtain.

Prior to the my plastic track getting broken, the end tab on the curtain got ripped off about 4 or 5 times and my wife kept sewing it on. The last time she sewed it on very securely. Right after that the track broke.

Last year I managed to get through the year without any additional damage to the curtain tabs and track by using behavior modification.

My children slept with there heads toward the wardrobe end of the bed. I notice while they were sleeping they would get the curtain entangled in the bedding and thus pull on the curtain. I had the children sleep the opposite way with their heads toward the bathroom end this eliminated the curtain from getting tangled in their bedding.

Also, once everyone is up in the morning I push the curtain all the way back so it is behind the wardrobe. This eliminates any transient entanglement with the curtain.

Because of the success last year, I replaced the track this year.
RickNewcomb is offline   Reply With Quote