View Single Post
Old 07-24-2015, 07:42 AM   #3
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

I am getting more and more concerned about the tone and content of the posts having to do with the past, present, and future of the TM company. In the beginning I asked that posts be confined to facts, and avoid speculation. It hasn't worked. The discussion is sliding into the mud, and it is time to stop it. Many of the posts here are insulting to Bob and Cleo. And regardless of my personal feelings, Bob and Cleo are real people who have tried to do a good thing, at considerable risk to themselves - and have quite possibly lost the bet. They are trying to recover and stay afloat, and it is a tragic situation at very best. Comments on this Forum about mistakes they may have made, how to restructure the company financially, and what products to continue and which to give up on, are stirring the pot as it roils against them. And comments about how we, the unnamed, unknowing, and generally untrained members of the Forum, could take over the company and run it better than the business people, are perhaps worst of all.

The original letter from Bob and Cleo was written for and sent to all TrailBlazers members - not to the Forum. While the TrailBlazers has long been tied to the company, this Forum has gone to great pains to let everyone know it is not part of, nor is it associated with, the TM company. We know the company has followed the Forum over the years as evidenced by the design changes incorporated in newer models. But that does not give the Forum the right to prejudge or unfairly criticize company management/owners without full knowledge of their situation.

I will try once again to request that threads/posts refrain from comments regarding the company, especially in light of our independence/non-association with TM, LLC. In the meantime, I have simply cleared out the thread. I have not tried to choose good posts and bad posts - and there were both - since no one will be satisfied with my choices. We can start again, and let it run for a week or so. If it doesn’t work this time, I will simply close out the discussion. And that would be a shame.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote