View Single Post
Old 11-12-2018, 01:43 AM   #9
Nceron

I know it's an old thread, but maybe it will be a timely resurrection for someone

We have just ordered one, our 4yo was still (quite happily) in a cot so it’s time for a big bed.

We could have had 2 beds like all this types https://10restbest.com/best-loft-bed...dults-and-kids but they would have minimal space to play and then the toys end up all over the house.

Here’s my pro/con list:

Pro:
More room to play and move around in.
Certain bunk beds allow you to have a trundle underneath (this is the one we got) so we can use this for sleepovers etc.
Alternatively you can get the one with a single on top and double down the bottom which also helps

Cons:
The one we got is a traditional bunk bed, so it’s going to be a royal PITA to change the sheets on the top bunk. I guess, you can always get the new style where the bottom bunk sits lower to the floor and then it’s easy to reach the top one.
My concern for the low rise/new style bunks is that the bottom bunk would feel cold over winter, because you’re almost sleeping on the floor.
Eventually they’re gonna get sick of sharing a bunk/grow out of it so proper beds will be required in the future.

I hope that helps a bit. We get ours delivered soon so hopefully it works for us!

Just some suggestions and one good video from Youtube, that I hope will help.

Nceron is offline   Reply With Quote