View Single Post
Old 01-17-2011, 12:24 PM   #19
scrubjaysnest
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by cochise View Post
....................snip................ Yes it may be that a vendor doesn't do the job right BUT I did not buy from the vendor, I bought from TM. So ultimately they are responsible for the product delivered. Not the vendor. TM should have tested the vendors product prior to using it in THEIR [TM's] product to ensure good quality..................snip.................
This may be true but then my TM owners manual contains different vendor supplied items that TM doesn't warranty; the vendor does. I don't know the truth of the matter but I recently read where a RV maker was sued out of business because a vendor changed their process in making a supplied item to meet EPA requirements. The vendor didn't notify the RV maker of the changes. Something like this would require testing of every batch received from the vendor by the RV maker. Testing of that nature would make an over priced item even higher. In the case of our TM the wiring is in TM's control at the factory. But the TV antenna installation was done by the dealer and is out of TM's control; and yes to prevent leak problems at the TV antenna I have three choices, go back to the dealer, 1100 miles, take it to the factory, about 600 miles, or fix it myself. None of these are good choices for something that should have been done right in the first place.

mods: 2- 100 watt solar panels, on roof, 300 watts portable

“They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.” Benjamin Franklin
scrubjaysnest is offline   Reply With Quote