View Single Post
Old 08-24-2010, 08:08 PM   #4
ZekenSpider
TrailManor Master

We had a similar problem with our 3326 soon after we brought it home from the dealer. The problem seemed to get worse with every trip we made. Eventually it became clear that the entire right side (door side) of both the front and rear shells were lower than the street side by about 3/4 inch. I positioned the closed TM lower half so it was on level ground (equal distance from the bottom of the floor to the ground at all four corners). Then I opened the TM up and measured the distance from the bottom of each top half to the ground. The passenger side was actually an inch lower than the driver's side.

That told me the struts were 1 inch shorter on the passenger side. I then noticed that all four struts had slipped down on the torsion rod. The four bolts on each strut that were supposed to grip the struts to the torsion rods were all loose. I jacked up each shell at each strut attach point, tightened the four bolts at each strut attach point and found that everything was working properly again.

Possibly your problem is with only one or two struts on your rear half.

For what it's worth.

Jerry
ZekenSpider is offline   Reply With Quote