View Single Post
Old 09-29-2009, 11:27 AM   #5
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjlwork View Post
I thought it would vent OK with the ceiling vent cracked open, but maybe not enough to keep the frig operating properly.
The refrigerator generates heat, but the heat is confined to the area behind the refrig. The heat doesn't get into the interior of the TM, so opening the ceiling vent won't help.

Quote:
Still trying to figure out battery capacity.
Unless you paid a lot of money for something special, the dealer installed either a Group 24 or a Group 27 battery. Both have a capacity of about 75 amp-hours when new, of which you should not use more than about half. Say about 40 amp-hours max.

Quote:
Would the battery drain in just one day with the frig cooling?
If the refrig is cooling on battery, the answer is yes. The refrig pulls about 10 amps from the battery, so 4 hours of use would discharge the battery. On the other hand, if you are cooling on propane, the refrig causes no battery drain. In either case, as Scott said, the fan consumes very little power (about half an amp, according to its nameplate), so the fan alone should be good for a several days.

Quote:
I do know it's been running the LP detector since our last outing on the 20th.
The LP detector pulls only a tiny amount of current. It doesn't become significant unless you run it for weeks.

Quote:
Our battery is under the sofa and I haven't gotten in there to figure out where the in-line fuse is.
The fuseholder is wired into the wire that connects to the positive battery post, about 6 inches from the battery.
If your fuseholder is white plastic, vaguely cylindrical, you should replace it befroe too long, as this type of fuseholder is prone to failure. It is an easy and inexpensive project.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote