Thread: Air Conditioner
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2003, 02:00 PM   #10
grkman1

Default Re: Air Conditioner

We have had a 2002 with side unit and now a 2003 with roof air.  From what I have heard, the roof mounted units require stronger torsion bars then the standard unit.  These torsion bars are adjustable and that may all you need.  Your best bet is to speak to Jimmy Davies at the fatory for this information.

The roof unit is The Coleman brand.  We got the standard unit but I understand that they make a more compact lower unit with the same power.  I also have a standard size garage with an electric garage door opener by Genie.  It is a tight squeeze but  if I unlatch the door from the track when it is fully opened, push it back a little more, then latch in on the screw track again, I can get a few more inches of clearance.

Of course the roof unit circulates much better then the cabinet unit, but under the circumstances, I think your best best is to use the cabinet unit with a floor fan like we used to do.  This helps in cooling the TM to satisfaction.  I dont know if it is worth the extra expense and effort....it depends on your personal needs I guess.  The only problem we had with the cabinet unit was water leaking into the pan.  No problem while we were still, but when we got back on the road, we would have water in all the bottom cabinets and carpet to the bathroom..  this is a problem that we had and our friends with our new 2002's, but I havent heard anyone else on the BB having this problem.

Good luck with your decision

George