View Single Post
Old 12-08-2004, 01:57 PM   #7
MountainCamper

Denny:

Good additional clarification on the importance of axle / wheel weights also, as a follow-on to suggestions from Ray. I remember reading something similar to this, I believe it was a post from you, back in late 02 or there abouts.

This calculation process seems to lend itself to a fill-in-the-blank calculator for a TM base model, with options ordered, and supplies & expected personal accessories to be carried, being towed by xxxx vehicle with it's specific GCWR, GVWR, GAWR, etc. Sounds like a straight forward exercise in Excel spreadsheet engineering with a few imbedded formulas. Anyone know if this has been tried before, specifc to TMs, either for current year models or past years? I found one such spreadsheet for a weight / tow calculator online (I'll find the link somewhere) but I don't believe it took into account the WDH weight transfer, axle loading, and I think it assumed sea-level altitude and a full-sized trailer box (wind resistance, etc), but also left out a few other items I think.

Would there be any interest on from the general TM forum members to try to create a tailored TM weight / capability calculator (maybe in MS/Excel format) in trying to answer the question that most folks have: "What TM model can I safely tow with my xxxxxxx TV?"