View Single Post
Old 11-24-2014, 06:03 AM   #7
Stone859

Just an update:

I repaired my trailer, and I sort of chickened-out and just put it back the way it was stock. One of the main reasons I'm going back to stock is because my wife and I are planning on going camping after the Holidays so I just wanted to get it done. However, I think I figured out why it broke in the first place, and this is what I found: Both my grey and black water valves were just attached to the frame using "pipe strap" (you know the strap with multiple holes) and was not very tight. Anyway, I found an Elkmont for sale and went to look at it, and guess what...on that trailer (see my photo...I hope it attached alright) Trailmanor used a rather rugged looking steel bracket and hose clamps...much stronger and more rigid than the "pipe strap". So, I used a couple of "L" brackets and tightly (no more flopping around) attached both the grey and black water drains to the trailer...bolting the brackets to the trailer then using a couple of large hose clamps, duplicating the way the factory did when they did right. Thanks for all your help and info.

Conrad
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0484.JPG
Views:	1255
Size:	1.44 MB
ID:	10968