View Single Post
Old 03-04-2017, 08:30 AM   #5
Philip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgett View Post
No solar ? I find that 200W of solar keeps my GC2 batteries charged. Do think that for your amount of dry camping I would go for 300W of Solar and stack four GC2s. Having a SL my batteries are in the rear compartment. With 20" long batteries, I'd have insufficient room for the generator.

Being a Floridian and appreciate dry comfort while sleeping so carry a 2400W (starting) generator mainly for the AC.

Oddly enough I do more dry camping at shows and such than at formal campgrounds with power so usually dry. I also use the onboard water supply just for washing and sanitation and carry a case or two of bottled for internal needs.

Suspect our packages cost about the same just feel mine is more appropriate for my needs which include a Keurig.
Hello,

I have considered a solar panel as I had one on my sailboat I lived on for ten years. My problem with a solar panel is that I frequently find myself in a shaded area which destroys the efficiency of the panel. Where do you mount your panel or do you store it and move it out when at a site?

We generally avoid the really hot weather by going north in the summer and traveling south as the summer wains thus we don't need AC that often. If we get caught in a really hot spell we will look for a site with electric only which are also sometimes fairly private/attractive. I totally appreciate your need for AC in Florida. We use a small inverter to charge our electronic devices and run other small electrical items.

PS: Please look at my edited post as I originally made the mistake of saying how often I would like to dry camp in place of what I really am able to find for dry camping. The edit corrects this mistake. Sorry for misleading anyone.

Happy camping!

TM - 2008 2720, 15" Wheels, Two 4D Lifeline AGM Batteries, Linklite Battery Monitor, Self Adjusting Brakes.
Philip is offline   Reply With Quote