View Single Post
Old 10-27-2016, 07:29 PM   #13
Burquena

Default My Bedding Solution

Hello all! I see there are several new members looking for solutions to replacing the TM mattresses, so I thought I’d share what I did in my 2720SL to get a comfortable bed and accommodate a 70 pound golden retriever cross accessing it. We just finished up our 2nd season in the TM, and I’ve spent about 50 nights with this configuration now.
• First, I lined the rear bed area with high density foam mat tiles from Harbor Freight (took 2 packs, on sale often for $9.99 a pack). This added insulation and a firm layer below the mattress. They're 1/2" thick.
• I purchased a LUCID 4” memory foam mattress topper from Amazon and it fit in the TM mattress cover with room to spare. (BTW, I laundered the TM cover with no problems). I normally sleep on a Temperpedic, so I was concerned about comfort. I’ve had no complaints and sleep very well on this mattress.
• For bedding, I got a Teton 4 in 1 RV sleeping bag. It has two thicknesses – the lighter side says +40 degrees and the thicker says +20. The inside of the bag is lined in a soft flannel. The bag is really two bags that zip together to provide an 80” x 70” (queen) size bag. I LOVE this set up - you can unzip both sides if you want, you get two warmth choices and it rolls up easily, has 4 straps to secure it and it fits perfectly in the space in front of the toilet for travel. It’s held up well (since you can zip it apart, my high capacity washer has no problem with the load). I have not tried closing the TM with it on the bed.
• For steps, I use the Solvit Pupstep Plus Xlarge – originally I got this for the dog, but truth be told, I use it a lot more than he does! The steps are very light (9 lbs.) fold down to about 6” tall for storage, and really will support 200 lbs. I just put it up on the bed during the day for access to the drawers and cabinet under the bed. I have been impressed that it is holding up very well also. You do need to put a non-slip rug under it to keep it from sliding if you have the vinyl flooring.
Curt 600-800# WDH
Prodigy Brake Controller
15" load D tires
SeaEagle 124 SMB with Tohatsu 6HP outboard
65 lb Golden Retriever Cross
Burquena is offline   Reply With Quote