Thread: New to me 3124
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2018, 11:53 AM   #3
Cynical

Thanks Bill.

Yes the door pins are in there respective place, but that was a chore in itself! To me the upper shell looks kind of "off" for lack of a better word. Been reading a lot on the forum here about different things to check between the main body box and the shell to verify plumb/parallelism, plan on doing some of that tomorrow if I can.

Going to double check how level it is, gaps between all the moving pieces, position of the lift arms as far as being straight up and down etc. I did notice when setting up, I was able to pull both halves further than they needed to hit the aluminum latch bars, had to shove each inward a good 1-1.5" to reach and there was ALOT of side to side movement involved to get them to hit the holes, is that normal?

I also realize I need to a lot of practice to get familiar with where everything needs to stop and put blocks or marks in position to repeat correctly at each set up. I think I actually pulled the front slide out too much and had to bump it up into the channel on one side, will be looking at that real close once I get the two halves under control.

As for the steps, I think I was just sow whooped at the time, nothing was working right. I have had a 5th wheel before that had the same kid of steps so I am not sure what the deal was, another thing to tackle when rested.

I see you post often here and I certainly appreciate all your insight. I am sure it will not be the last time we chat, lol.
Cynical is offline   Reply With Quote